Hot wax is a hair removal wax that is heated to between 55 and 65 degrees. The hot wax treatment involves applying warm wax to your skin, which adheres to your hair rather than your skin. Hot wax is known for giving excellent results as it adheres better to the hair follicles on the skin.
When the wax is left on the skin for up to a minute, the heat opens the pores and hair follicles, making it much easier to wax out the hair.
Hot wax has the following advantages:
- Irritation and redness are less likely to occur
- Suitable for all skin and hair types
- Hair as short as 1mm can be removed
- It is safe to use on extremely sensitive skin
- Hot Wax leaves no sticky residue
Hot Waxing Birmingham Prices
(10% discount for 3 or more areas)
Lip and Chin £17
Side of face £11
Under arm £12
Strip Waxing Birmingham Prices
Half arm £25
Full arm £35
Feet and Toes £6
Half leg £25
Full leg £35
Full leg and bikini £50
Shoulders and back of neck £11
Chest and Abdomen £30
Waxing Before Care Tips
- If you’re really worried about the pain and haven’t had waxing before then take 1 or 2 paracetamol about 30-40 minutes before your appointment. This can help reduce surface discomfort.
- Make sure your hair is long enough to remove completely from the roots, it should be at least 0.5 centimetres. If you’ve shaved the area within the last few weeks it might take a couple of waxes to get your hair into a cycle of growth that allows the most effective wax finish
- Exfoliate and moisturise 24 hours after the waxing treatment for the best results.
Waxing AfterCare Tips
– No sunbathing and sunbeds for at least 12 hours (have your waxing done at least the day BEFORE you go on holiday)
– No swimming in a chlorinated pool for 24 hours
– Same for spa baths or saunas or steam room
– Avoid applying any topical lotions for at least 12 hours (fragrances and other lubricants can cause a burning sensation)
– Also avoid touching the waxed area to ensure it remains bacteria-free
– Use a tea tree oil-based product to apply to the area for its anti-bacterial qualities
– Use a soft brush or exfoliating glove to gently buff the area every 2-3 days and moisturise – this is particularly important after about day 3 through to about the 10-day mark. It doesn’t need to be hard scrubbing, just a gentle exfoliation.
– Use a product like PFB to roll over the area after showering. This product contains lactic acid which helps ensure dead skin cells are buffed away allowing your hair back through the follicle opening
Note that the hot wax is used for facial, underarms, bikini and Brazilian/Hollywood areas making it less painful. Strip wax is used for the larger areas ie legs arms etc.